Friday, January 9, 2009

What a Shiner

A couple days after Christmas we were at my nephew Mckay's homecoming and I hear this loud smack and Ella starts screaming bloody murder. I ran and picked her up and then her eyelid instantly popped out like the size of a golf ball. She had ran into her cousin Jed's head. It didn't seem to phase him much. But Holy Ella's eye was soooo bad I couldn't look at it I was getting dizzy. Poor Ella was very tough which was hard with a crowd of people around her saying "whooa" "eww that is gross" "that is huuuge!!"
This picture is of the next day.
This is about 10 days later.
Sorry about the bugery nose is both of these pictures. It's winter Okay.

This bottom picture I just threw in to show off my mom's skills she made the little girls aprons to go along with all the other amazing stuff she gave them. Ella has loved helping me cook in her beautiful new apron. Luckily her bangs cover her sweet black eye. Hopefully that will keep child protective Servies from calling.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

PJ and Julie said...

oh how sad. she of course still looks beautiful. next time just pile on some eyeshadow on the other eye and no one will even notice :)

Lindsey Shaun Christensen said...

oh me oh my. you should try and match her black eye on the other one with makeup that would be funny. She would be one of those little pageant girls, mu ha ha ha!

ryan + carly said...

first, i love lindsey's scary fake laugh in her comment! it was so funny to see you guys last night. i ended up with a score of 50. how about you?! (i'm really good.) i like you. your post is funny. thanks for starting my day off right! lol

Unknown said...

About time you posted 'bout her shiner! Seriously, as hard as I tried to make it not a big deal when I first saw it, i still did. Poor Ella, she still looks beautiful though. Do you want to drive around town all night next friday and find a place to bowl at like 10pm? I heard that was pretty fun, especially with kids.

Sharon said...

Oh how sad, but I thought the same thing as lindsey when I read it. She looks like she has a great make up job on one side of her face. The joys of childhood

Woods said...

She looks so tough with that black eye. She's still dang cute!! I think we are such slackers, we really need to go to dinner together. I'm dead serious. let's do it!

gerdy said...

OUCH!! what a tought little girl that is qutie a shiner! if it were me I would totally be milking it for days lol

Crystal + Steve said...

So cute, even with a black eye! We do every other Sunday at Steve;s parents, but I was thinking about maybe going to Karen's on the 25th. Steve will be working, but I could come if you guys are going to be there.

Anonymous said...

Wow, if I didn't know you better, I would think you might have just lost your temper! LOL! Even with the shiner, she is still such a cute girl!

Kara Hanson said...

That would be some seriously great makeup! I hope she's feeling better! My mom was looking at my links and she saw your pictures and she says, "I think you have a twin- this Rebecca girl looks just like you!" Funny huh? I thought you'd enjoy that !

Merm said...

Poor sweet little girl!!! I can not believe how long that black eye held on. It was not leaving sweet little Ella... I don't really blame it. I wouldn't want to leave her either... te he!