Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bring on the wrinkles

I am 26. I am. I am on a slippery slope down to 30. So what do you do? Buy some eye cream, start P90X, wear brighter colors? I don' know but I will try them all.
My birthday was just great. We spent the weekend at a cabin with Brad's family and that fun entertaining as always. Poor Ande had 4 teeth coming in (finally) and a cold and had 4 shots the day before. So she was a peach. But I got wonderful presents and and ate lots of tootsie rolls.
We went to my parentals for dinner and delicious cake and my brothers all successfully forgot my birthday. Why couldn't I have been blessed with some sisters too?
Thank heavens for my fabulous sister-in-laws.
Brad got me an new CD player for my car since Ella broke mine, and I can plug my IPOD into it. YEAAA! that is the greatest ever!!
Since I finally joined in to whatever century we are in and got an ipod.
So I was going to just list all the things I love about myself for my birthday. But I could only think of like 2 so I will just write them in my journal or something.
So to totally change the subject, the other day at the doctor he told me that Ella is in fact the TALLEST 4 year old he has EVER seen.
And he said that she will probably pass me up in the 5th grade.
So I guess I better go buy a volleyball.
ANd yes I am a little jealous because I am 5'2 and I don't think my 6' daughter will be intimidated by me when she is looking down on me.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad you had fun, silly boys...they never remember. And Ella is adorable. Yeah, Kylie is getting four molars right now, she is a joy to be around...

kennan said...

adore.... i adore you. there is a reason we have been best friends for 15 years.

i knew it was love when you said that you were the one that those brats thought was the boy back in 1993.... when in reality we all know it was me.

call me so we can celebrate this week.

xo.

oh and thanks for updating.

Beck said...

Happy birthday woman!! I hope now that you are older you will put on some weight and not be so dang gorgeous!!

Lindsey Shaun Christensen said...

you always tend to make me laugh rebecca! Can you tell me the two things that you love about yourself... I will tell you two things how about . . . 1. i love watching you be a mom, you really are amazing. 2. your a dork and I totally love that about you. Happy Birthday you OLD LADY you.

ryan + carly said...

ahhh. you are the freaking best. happy birthday. i love you trying to think of 20 good things about yourself. i can. just ask me. love you girly.

Bart, Paige and Grace said...

Oh! Happy Birthday Reba! I miss you guys so much... I wish we could have hung out more before we left for Idaho! You are so beautiful. Give your girls kisses for me!

Miss Gabe said...

A birthday girl you were and sort of still are cause it is technically your birthday week so... hAPPY BIRTHday rebecca gabriella roberts!! I even thought of you on your blessed day. Didn't want to be too good of a friend and call you or text, but at least I took a moment of silence for you!

The wonderful news for our relationship is that starting next week I will be working out on the floor at DL again, so I will get to see you when you glide our way. I will enjoy love, hugs and bumb rubs the next time you visit.

Lots of love to my favorite Rebecca girl!

Unknown said...

pretty. smart. great singer. amazing mother. rockn' body. amazing friend. amazing sister. to die for hair. nice. peace maker. thoughtful. giving. talented. selfless. fun. funny. great wife. hard worker. looks for good in everyone. entertaining. There is 20and they just came I could keep going. Happy Birthday I love you!!!

Kara Hanson said...

Poor rebecca going down the "slippery slope" nearing 30! Happy belated birthday old timer. You will never be as old and crazy as me---something to look forward too :)

Merm said...

Happy Happy Birthday you little honey bun! This post made me giggle. You are a beautiful 26 year old woman who in no way shape or form needs any sort of eye cream, p90x or what have you!!

Oh and Ella is the tallest 4 year old I have ever seen as well ;) She sure is a cute tall 4 year old.

Heather Lee said...

AAAHAHAHA! Rebecca, I'm not sure if I've commented before, but I've seen your blog a couple times...and I pretty much always leave a comment if I look at someone's blog...but if this is the first time you're hearing from me, well HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, you must think I am ancient!!! At least the thought that you have not hit the big 3-0 must comfort you... Happy Bday. By the way, I am on the second book of the Great and the Terrible series... Pretty good!! I think I might read some more tonight... See you tomorrow!

The said...

You are so pretty. Seriously.